Wednesday 11 February 2009

Steiner

Steiner playgroup is like a sweet drop of rain in the desolate desert of your average, run of the mill toddler playgroup. I have come to relish these mornings of sitting on comfy sofas, drinking fresh coffee and conducting civilised (and usually uninterrupted) conversations while the children just seem to play contentedly at our feet. There is something very calming, for all involved, about the group and so much different from the usual 30 manic kids in a church hall dribbling over a few grubby plastic blocks. I am biased of course, Steiner became my saviour at a time when I seriously thought Lily would grow up to be socially inept due to my refusal to attend other sessions.
Plus they make great coffee, so on mornings when you don't even have time to remember your own name, this is just heavenly.

No comments: