Wednesday 4 July 2007

In The Beginning


In the beginning...

In the beginning there was Lily. Life B.L. seems pretty much irrelevant now. I have a vague memory of a time where my meals were not always eaten a break-neck speed, where the continual drone of a washing machine was not always the theme tune to my day and where I slept, often, repeatedly, deeply and sometimes for what seems like days at a time. Blissful, uninterrupted sleep, the sleep of the innocent, the sleep of the non-parent.


But these are just vague, fleeting memories and of no consequence to me now.


Lily came into being because of the result of one very drunken evening way back in May 2006, in the days when I did drink, in the days when I did smoke, in the days when I partied hard and could remember the harsh realities of a hangover; the parched throat, the sticky lips, the JCB digging a large hole through ones jelly-like cranium. Sometimes I would take the occasional recreational flavour, sometimes I would stay up all night and pole dance on tables, sometimes I would projectile vomit over flower beds...just sometimes.

Not any more.

No comments: